I provide training around a variety of counseling topics, including introduction to experiential modalities, sandplay therapy 101+, DSM-5 Changes, building a counseling business platform, utilizing art therapy and visual journaling with art therapy groups, etc. For information about particular topics, please email me at email@example.com
Suzanne Apelskog of Life’s Learning has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6786. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Suzanne Apelskog of Life’s Learning is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Sandplay Therapy 101+ Training (4-6 NBCC CE Clock Hours)
I invite you to join me for a training around one of my favorite theoretical techniques to use in therapy: Sandplay Therapy. Sandplay Therapy has a rich history drawn from Jungian Psychology. The power of this modality to assist clients (of all ages) to explore their story and healing, truly is beyond words.
This training provides information on historical principles, therapeutic technique, symbolism basics, a Sandplay experience, case example and resources available. I have taught this modality for 14 years and I am presently working towards certification. I would love it if you would join me to explore the world of this fascinating therapeutic technique.
I started my research with Sandplay Therapy in 2001 doing an in depth sandplay therapy review and taught this for a Eastern Washington University experiential course. I have continued my study and work over the years teaching Sandplay Therapy to annual interns that entered Children’s Home Society of Washington (where I worked for 19 years) and to numerous other individuals and organizations. I am working towards my Sandplay Practitioner credential through the Sandplay Therapy Association. Some organizations that I have taught this modality include:
* Gonzaga University Counseling Students (invites to teach this modality) and as an Independent Study
* Washington Counseling Association Conference break-out session
* Whitworth University ( I taught a weekend experiential course and included Sandplay Therapy)
* Eastern Washington University CEDP (Taught Sandplay Therapy as a part of a weekend experiential course – 2001. Conducted a literature review with this as well).
* Eastern Washington University CEDP (invited to teach intro.)
* Eastern Washington University Child Life Specialist Class (invited to teach intro), Winter 2016
* Idaho School Counseling Association Conference break-out session
* Spokane Public Schools (Mental Health Counselors), Fall 2015
* Independent workshops to practitioners from various organizations or in independent practice. Ongoing
* Children’s Home Society of Washington (annual training to student interns and staff for over 9 years consistently)
* Youth, Family Adolescents (YFA), Winter 2016
For more information on training available, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes with DSM-5: A Simplified Overview Available through Webinar/Teleconference or On-Site (3 NBCC CE Clock Hours Earned)
This training provides an overview comparison of the DSM-IV-TR and DSM-5. Clinicians receive a manual written by me that outlines the changes. I provide information about how the manual is organized and structured, new assessment tools and with disorders. It provides a baseline of knowledge to better utilize the new manual and to take diagnoses to the next level.
I have provided this training to independent practitioners (in both private practice, agency and healthcare related settings) and to the following organizations staff:
* Catholic Charities
* Spokane Public Schools (Mental Health Counselors)
* Institute for Family Development
* Independent and Community Agency Practitioners
Counselors, please also join us on my Facebook page, tailored just with you in mind: https://www.facebook.com/LifesLearningforCounselors